UCF "Annual Report & Safety Guide"
To comply with all of the requirements of the Federal Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990, the University of Central Florida publishes an annual campus safety and security report which is available to you upon request at the Community
Relations Office @ JTW, Main Police Department Lobby, Housing Office, Student
Union, Welcome Center, Undergraduate Admissions and the Registrar's
Office or for download from our website at http://www.police.ucf.edu
This document contains the following information:
- How to report criminal actions or other emergencies occurring on campus and its available facilities.
- Policies about security of, access to, and maintenance of campus facilities, including campus residences.
- Details about campus law enforcement’s authority and how that division works with state and local police agencies. Policies that encourage accurate and prompt reporting of all crime to the university police and the appropriate agencies also included.
- A description of the type of frequency of programs to:
- Inform students and employees about campus security procedures.
- Encourage students and employees to be responsible for their own security and the security of others.
- Inform students and employees about the prevention of crimes.
- A policy to assist monitoring and recording through local law enforcement of criminal activity by students at off campus locations of recognized UCF student organizations, including student organizations with off-campus housing facilities.
- A description of available drug and alcohol abuse education programs including appropriate policy statements.
- A statement of policy regarding the institution’s campus sexual assault prevention programs and procedures to follow should a sex offense occur.
- Statistics concerning the occurrence on campus of particular criminal offenses including those that manifest evidence of prejudice based on race, religion, sexual orientation, or ethnicity, as prescribed by the Hate Crimes Statistics Act.
- Statistics concerning the number of arrest on campus for liquor-law violations, drug abuse, and weapons possessions, including those crimes that manifest evidence of prejudice as prescribed by the Hate Crimes Statistics Act.