To change the legal name maintained on the student's official UCF record, the student must submit a completed "Change of Name" form and supporting documentation to the appropriate UCF office:
Current UCF employees (GA, OPS, USPS, A&P classifications) and those students who have been UCF employees within twelve months of the date the name change is requested must complete a “Personal
Data Sheet” and provide a copy of the Social Security Card reflecting the new name to the Human Resources Office, (12565 Research Parkway; 407-823-2771).
- If submitting this form to the Registrar’s Office or Graduate Studies Office, you must attach a copy of an official legal document containing the changed name (e.g., driver’s license, divorce decree, Passport, etc.). A marriage certificate can only be used as support if both the previous name and current name are on the document.
- If you have changed your mailing or permanent address, please complete and submit a “Change of Address Form" to the Registrar’s Office (MH 161).
- If you intend to graduate at the end of the current term, contact the Registrar’s Office Graduation Section to ensure that your updated name appears in the Commencement Program.
Instructions for Form
- Open the form as a PDF document and print out a copy of the form.
- Fully complete the form, sign and date.